Quantcast

Photo detail

Plattsburgh Fire Department

Stories this photo appears in:

Tease photo

College student seriously injured in early morning fire

An early morning house fire erupted on Couch Street on Sept. 20 with a SUNY Plattsburgh student sustaining serious injury. At approximately 1:15 a.m. City Police received a 911 call reporting a structure fire at 15 Couch Street, a multi-unit apartment house where several college students lived. Patrol Officers responded with the fire department. Upon their arrival, flames were seen emanating from the second and third stories. A 21-year-old female was trapped in a third story window until the fire department could get to her with a ladder and rescue her. She was taken to CVPH and then airlifted to the Clark Burn Center at Syracuse Upstate University Hospital for treatment.

Comments

Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.

Sign in to comment