Quantcast

Photo detail

For 21 years around the turn of the 20th century, this building was the headquarters of the Glens Falls Insurance Co. on the east side of Glen St. north of Bay St. The photograph shows it raised from its foundation in 1912, ready to be moved across Glen St. to become a Masonic temple. In subsequent years, it was incorporated into the Episcopal Church campus. The ‘new’ insurance building built on the east side of the road was demolished in the 1970, replaced by Glens Falls’ sole ‘skyscraper.’

Stories this photo appears in:

Tease photo

Turning Back the Pages

•100 Years Ago – Feb. 1912•

Comments

Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.

Sign in to comment