A draft of the Elizabethtown Comprehensive Plan is now available.
Commissioner Joan McDonald said she would ask members of her team to look over the proposed closure scheduled for the Fisher Bridge, located near the intersection of Route 9N and Lincoln Pond Road in Elizabethtown.
More than 70 people came out to learn the results of the town’s recently completed economic revitalization strategy.
Wilmington Supervisor Randy Preston said that he is always pleased when New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo visits the area.
Cuomo announced a partnership between New York State, Clarkson University, and the Trudeau Institute to form a world-class biotech enterprise during a Nov. 20 press conference at the Lake Placid Conference Center.
New York State Assemblymember Janet Duprey met recently with cancer survivors, a representative from the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society (LLS), and care givers from the Fitzpatrick Cancer Center to discuss upcoming legislation.
Hamlets 3 is an initiative which looks at potential growth solutions for five hamlets in the Adirondack Park. It is funded by a DEC Smart Growth planning grant. The hamlets being considered are Caroga, in Fulton County in the Mohawk Valley, Indian Lake, Blue Mountain Lake and Long Lake in Hamilton County, and AuSable Forks in Essex County.
Congressman Bill Owens is back in Glens Falls on Friday Nov. 22 to field questions from area residents, particularly business owner and leaders.
Members of the Essex County Board of Supervisors put the wheels in motion to override New York State’s two percent tax levy cap during a special meeting Nov. 18.
One race was turned on absentee votes cast and counted by the Essex County Board of Supervisors Nov. 13.
The Town of Westport will be hosting a public meeting on Nov. 19, at 6 p.m. in the town hall to discuss the Town’s recently completed economic revitalization strategy.
Clinton Community College hosted a Veterans Day flag lowering ceremony Monday, honoring especially 12 World War II veterans who have gone on Honor Flights this past summer.
A headline-grabbing, hard fought contest for Thurman town supervisor ends with count of paper ballots.
United Way of the Adirondack Region Executive Director John Bernardi returned to the Essex County Board of Supervisors Monday, Nov. 4, to make his annual appeal for the organization’s fundraising effort.
The Indian Lake Community Development Corporation recently received a determination letter from the IRS granting the corporation tax exempt status.
- Opinion: Editorial cartoon
- 'Contact the Editor' Link
- Essex County Board of Supervisors Meeting, Monday, Nov. 7
- Essex County Ways and Means Meeting Oct. 31
- Essex County Board of Supervisors
- NY-21 GOP picks Stefanik
- Debate for Saranac Lake Village Trustee
- Gov. Cuomo in Plattsburgh
- Ribbon Cutting Ceremony
- U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder Speaks at the 2011 Northern Border Summit in Lake Placid
- Clinton, Essex and Franklin Co. District Attorneys attend Northern Border Summit in Lake Placid
- U.S. District Attorneys of Northern NY, VT, NH and ME attend 2011 Northern Border Summit in Lake Placid
- Meet the Candidate Night
- Governor Andrew Cuomo announces Route 73 is now open Irene
- Governor Andrew Cuomo speaks in wake of Irene