A long list of intriguing races will be decided in a matter of hours.
It’s Election Day. Polls are open until 9 p.m. Results will be posted as soon as they become available on the Times of Ti website (www.timesofti.com) and on its Facebook page (www.facebook.com/pages/Times-of-Ti/232030793764).
The town of Johnsburg’s tentative 2014 budget calls for a tax increase of about 3 percent.
New York State Department of Labor Secretary Peter Rivera attended a ribbon-cutting at the new CV-Tech satellite campus off Rugar Street Oct. 24.
For the second straight election for the office of town supervisor, current Supervisor Margaret Bartley will face off against former Supervisor Noel Merrihew, who she defeated in 2011.
While only four towns in the Valley have a contested election for town supervisor, several other towns have contested elections in other positions Nov. 5.
Voters in the News Enterprise readership area will head to the polls from 6 a.m. to 9 p.m. Tuesday, Nov. 5 to decide a number of local elections.
Incumbent Sharon Boisen, who won her first re-election bid in a tight contest against Frank Walls in 2011, will face challenger Ed Gardner Jr., in the general election.
Two candidates for Warrensburg Town Supervisor differed sharply on a variety of issues — but they both pledged to keep government expenditures to a minimum.
Incumbent Dan Connell will seek re-election against Jim Carroll when residents go to the polls Nov. 5.
Event still scheduled Nov. 1 at Community Building
A candidates forum will be held in Ticonderoga, despite a decision not to participate by two supervisor hopefuls. Republican nominee Bill Grinnell and Independent Steve Whitford will not take part, according to Lew Sanders, Ticonderoga Republican Party chairman.
Incumbent Supervisor Ed Hatch is running against current town Councilman Shaun Gilliland in the Tuesday, Nov. 5, election.
On Wednesday evening, Oct. 16, Indian Lake Town Supervisor Brian Wells opened the monthly Town Board meeting by presenting a plaque of recognition to a group of members representing the Indian Lake Garden Club.
Candidates for the four open seats in the upcoming election put themselves and their political ambitions on the table for Westport’s Meet the Candidates Night Oct. 17.
Ti candidates forum Nov. 1
Contested supervisor races in Ticonderoga and Putnam headline Election Day battles in the area. Voters will go the polls Tuesday, Nov. 5.
- Opinion: Editorial cartoon
- 'Contact the Editor' Link
- Essex County Board of Supervisors Meeting, Monday, Nov. 7
- Essex County Ways and Means Meeting Oct. 31
- Essex County Board of Supervisors
- Debate for Saranac Lake Village Trustee
- Gov. Cuomo in Plattsburgh
- Ribbon Cutting Ceremony
- U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder Speaks at the 2011 Northern Border Summit in Lake Placid
- Clinton, Essex and Franklin Co. District Attorneys attend Northern Border Summit in Lake Placid
- U.S. District Attorneys of Northern NY, VT, NH and ME attend 2011 Northern Border Summit in Lake Placid
- Meet the Candidate Night
- Governor Andrew Cuomo announces Route 73 is now open Irene
- Governor Andrew Cuomo speaks in wake of Irene
- Cuomo launches the North Country Regional Economic Development Council