While nearly one-third of Essex County voters failed to fill in the propositions on their ballots on Election Day, Board of Elections brass says voter suppression is not to blame.
Local stakeholders are renewing calls for signage variances as state land master planning process moves forward.
The report, issued by the United States Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), stated Ticonderoga had failed to provide proper treatment for Cryptosporidium at its Gooseneck Pond source, a single-celled protozoan parasite commonly found in lakes and rivers, especially when the water is contaminated with sewage and animal waste.
Although they fell short of winning office in last week’s state and federal elections, Green Party officials say the best is yet to come.
Essex County Board of Elections gives lawmakers crash course in spoiled ballots as two local races hang in the balance.
New York's lawmakers are urged to override Gov. Cuomo's veto of a bill that helps veterans earn retirement benefits for time served in the military.
Angry outbursts, threats and accusations have occurred often at Thurman Town Board meetings, prompting calls to police to restore order. In response, the town board has begun videotaping meetings — with one camera pointed at the crowd — and posting the videos on YouTube.
While the Congresswoman-elect scorched her Democratic opponent by 20 points, the GOP rock star failed to pull off a victory in Essex County.
Republican Elise Stefanik makes history in becoming the youngest woman elected to serve in the US House of Representatives.
With hours until Election Day, the three congressional hopefuls spent Saturday locking down support in Glens Falls.
Just days before next week's general election, GOP gubernatorial hopeful Rob Astorino touched down in Plattsburgh to rally the faithful.
Karen Bisso, Conservative challenger in New York’s 115th Assembly district, has filed a complaint alleging ethics violations against incumbent Janet Duprey (R, I).
Elise Stefanik, the Republican candidate for Congress, touched down in Elizabethtown on Wednesday morning to meet with local business owners.
Congressional candidate Aaron Woolf’s (D, W) campaign made a swing through the Plattsburgh Housing Authority this week.
With seven days until Election Day, the Woolf campaign is putting their boots to the pavement.
- Opinion: Editorial cartoon
- 'Contact the Editor' Link
- Essex County Board of Supervisors Meeting, Monday, Nov. 7
- Essex County Ways and Means Meeting Oct. 31
- Essex County Board of Supervisors
- NY-21 GOP picks Stefanik
- Debate for Saranac Lake Village Trustee
- Gov. Cuomo in Plattsburgh
- Ribbon Cutting Ceremony
- U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder Speaks at the 2011 Northern Border Summit in Lake Placid
- Clinton, Essex and Franklin Co. District Attorneys attend Northern Border Summit in Lake Placid
- U.S. District Attorneys of Northern NY, VT, NH and ME attend 2011 Northern Border Summit in Lake Placid
- Meet the Candidate Night
- Governor Andrew Cuomo announces Route 73 is now open Irene
- Governor Andrew Cuomo speaks in wake of Irene