The resolution in support of changing the hours in which an establishment can sell alcohol from 4 a.m. to 3 a.m. passed through the committee, 13-2, making its way to a weighted full board vote May 6.
The Essex County Sheriff’s Department recently received several suggestions to help streamline financial processes from the New York State Comptroller’s Office.
The Westport Central School board approved a $5,505,000 2013-14 budget to put before voters at a regular meeting on April 25.
Work on the new radio tower on Little Whiteface will move forward after concerns over the mating habits of an endangered bird were raised last week.
Almost 200 people made their way into the main screening room at the Palace Theatre in Lake Placid April 26 to help launch a campaign to keep small town movie cinemas in the Adirondack region alive.
The Elizabethtown-Lewis Central School Board of Education will present a budget to district voters that comes in below the state tax levy cap
The Keene Central School Board of Education has adopted a budget that will be under the state’s tax levy cap for 2013-14.
Willsboro Central School will present a 2013-14 budget to district residents May 21 that looks a lot like the 2012-13 version.
Essex County is joining with its neighbors to keep invasive plant species out of Lake George.
The AuSable Valley Central School Board of Education was faced with a maximum 4.4 percent state property tax levy cap threshold.
During the Thursday, April 18 Minerva Town Board meeting, Supervisor Sue Montgomery Corey discussed several recent instances of vandalism that the town has experienced.
As the number of arrests for meth possession, usage, and manufacturing continue to rise in communities across the North Country, the emergency personnel trained to keep area residents safe must prepare themselves to be ready to respond should a meth related emergency arise.
The Adirondack North Country Association and local theaters are hosting a kickoff event for the “Go Digital or Go Dark” fundraising campaign Friday, April 26, from 5 to 6:15 p.m. at the Palace Theatre in Lake Placid.
Supervisor Margaret Bartley called an emergency meeting of the Town Board April 18 cancel several town accounts due to their information being placed at the Elizabethtown Post Office.
The Elizabethtown Planning Board has a vacancy for an alternate member of the Planning Board.
- Opinion: Editorial cartoon
- 'Contact the Editor' Link
- Essex County Board of Supervisors Meeting, Monday, Nov. 7
- Essex County Ways and Means Meeting Oct. 31
- Essex County Board of Supervisors
- What is OhSoLocal?
- Debate for Saranac Lake Village Trustee
- Gov. Cuomo in Plattsburgh
- Ribbon Cutting Ceremony
- U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder Speaks at the 2011 Northern Border Summit in Lake Placid
- Clinton, Essex and Franklin Co. District Attorneys attend Northern Border Summit in Lake Placid
- U.S. District Attorneys of Northern NY, VT, NH and ME attend 2011 Northern Border Summit in Lake Placid
- Meet the Candidate Night
- Governor Andrew Cuomo announces Route 73 is now open Irene
- Governor Andrew Cuomo speaks in wake of Irene