Despite major changes being made to plans for the proposed Lake George Marriott hotel in response to requests by the village planning board members, the panel requested additional information about the project from the developers and raised more concerns at a recent planning board meeting.
The North Country has long had a problem attracting and retaining young professionals into the ranks of its business class.
Scarlette Merfeld to lead chamber board
The Ticonderoga Area Chamber of Commerce has a new leader and a new mission. The chamber board has elected Scarlette Merfeld as its 2014 president and adopted a new mission statement.
The Saratoga & North Creek Railroad reveals its new marketing and freight initiatives to Warren County officials.
The Town of Jay Supervisor’s Office will be publishing a new business brochure.
Nearly 250 businesses now part of group
The Ticonderoga Area Chamber of Commerce continues to grow. The chamber has announced 40 new members, which brings total membership to 243.
New position created as chamber grows
The Schroon Lake Chamber of Commerce is seeking an executive director.
Games’ organizers announced Jan. 15 that Hannaford Supermarkets had signed a deal to become the first presenting sponsor of the Winter Games, which will take place from Feb. 6 through Feb. 9.
Miner Institute has been awarded a $330,000 research grant from the United States Department of Agriculture – Natural Resources Conservation Service (USDA-NRCS) and the Lake Champlain Basin Program (LCBP) to monitor surface runoff and tile drainage effluent from two corn fields.
The Adirondack Council, an environmental advocacy organization with offices in Elizabethtown, today expressed concern with Gov. Andrew Cuomo’s State of the State address, saying it liked the parts about improving rural infrastructure and tourism but didn’t hear much about investments in the quality of the state’s environment.
Downtown Lake George merchants want more promotion of the village and events — but they don't want an additional tax to pay for it. Instead, some say the money now spent on marketing the resort village could be spent more effectively.
For over a decade, she's been the driving force behind the Warrensburg Chamber of Commerce's accomplishments, including their mammoth annual World's Largest Garage sale event. Long-time Chamber president Lynn Smith stepped down recently, saying that 'new blood' in the organization is a good idea.
The North Country Conference Planning Team is requesting abstracts for presentations at the third annual Clean Energy Conference, to be held June 4-6 at the Lake Placid Conference Center.
Whether it’s brewing a craft IPA in Lake Placid, or scratch-making a French Bechamel sauce at one of the many Northern Tier restaurants he’s worked at over the years, Rob Davis is a self-described foodie, who taught himself to be a chef.
When it comes to sporting equipment for handicapped athletes, there are very few places in the country where you can find an expert in the field. One of those very few places is right here in the North Country.
- Special Guests Molly Kasriels
- Special Guests Janelle Shepard & Amy DuBois
- Special Guest Trisha Sheehan
- Special Guest Chrisanna Golovach
- Special Guests Michele Powers & Kristy Kennedy
- Special Guest Capt. Larry Goodman
- Special Guest Chrisanna Golovach Ep. 29
- Special Guest Leigh Mundy Ep. 28
- Special Guest Mike Connolly
- Special Guest Howard Lowe
- Debate for Saranac Lake Village Trustee
- Ribbon Cutting Ceremony
- United Way of the Adirondack Region Annual Campaign Kickoff Breakfast
- U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder Speaks at the 2011 Northern Border Summit in Lake Placid
- Clinton, Essex and Franklin Co. District Attorneys attend Northern Border Summit in Lake Placid
- Meet the Candidate Night
- Governor Andrew Cuomo announces Route 73 is now open Irene
- Santa's Workshop estimates $150,000 worth in damages
- Cuomo launches the North Country Regional Economic Development Council
- Lewis has harsh words for APA board