A plan to establish a Business Improvement District in Lake George Village gets a little less costly, less onerous, and excludes owner-occupied residences in its second draft — approved Nov. 4 by the village board.
Voters throughout the state of New York voted 1,137,074 in favor of a land swap between the mineral mining company and the state, while 1,006,525 voted against the measure. The 53-47 percent vote was the closest of the six propositions sent out to voters in the Nov. 5 General Election.
At The Pepper in downtown Plattsburgh the culinary duties are handled by committee, with three chefs sharing the load.
Chamber to sponsor events; businesses offer specials
The Ticonderoga Area Chamber of Commerce will join the rest of the nation for Small Business Saturday. The fourth annual event will be held Saturday, Nov. 30, and will feature local businesses offering specials to holiday shoppers.
There seems to be a growing list of new businesses in Indian Lake.
With primary care in short supply in the North Country, Nurse Practitioner Jennifer Facteau-Rabideau has recently opened a new adult primary care clinic in Plattsburgh.
Carol (Sears) Hoenig carried a story with her for more than 20 years before finally sitting down to write “Of Little Faith,” which will be launched in Plattsburgh Nov. 7.
New York State Department of Labor Secretary Peter Rivera attended a ribbon-cutting at the new CV-Tech satellite campus off Rugar Street Oct. 24.
Governor Andrew M. Cuomo congratulated five New York State hotels that were selected in the Conde Nast Traveler Reader’s Choice Awards in the “Top 20 Resorts in the Northeast” category.
Just driving through Lake George one can see how important Canadian tourism is to the region — by looking at the number of Canadian flags are flying above motels and restaurants. Area tourism officials, however, are ramping up their efforts to pursuade Canadians to visit Warren County.
The store, located above the Deer’s Head Restaurant, will now house a security camera system donated by NYCO Minerals.
Girlfriends' Getaway, a weekend retreat for women in Bolton Landing, made waves and won friends right from its debut. The acclaimed event has continued to grow and spread the word about the beauty and amenities of the Lake George region — and its founder was recently awarded for her work.
Adirondack Pub & Brewery recently hosted a robust crowd that enjoyed German music, food and socializing at the pub's Oktoberfest — and proceeds from the event were donated to help families facing hardships and emergencies.
College For Every Student (www.collegefes.org), a national nonprofit that helps underserved students prepare for, gain access to, and succeed in college, is honoring 25 schools in 11 states as “Schools of Distinction” for their efforts in creating high levels of college readiness and for raising aspirations among their students.
To help save the historic theater as part of the “Go Digital or Go Dark” Campaign, a pair of films will be shown at the end of this month to help set the mood for the Halloween season and build up the funds needed to convert the Palace Theater movie screens from 35mm film to digital.
- Special Guests Molly Kasriels
- Special Guests Janelle Shepard & Amy DuBois
- Special Guest Trisha Sheehan
- Special Guest Chrisanna Golovach
- Special Guests Michele Powers & Kristy Kennedy
- Special Guest Capt. Larry Goodman
- Special Guest Chrisanna Golovach Ep. 29
- Special Guest Leigh Mundy Ep. 28
- Special Guest Mike Connolly
- Special Guest Howard Lowe
- Debate for Saranac Lake Village Trustee
- Ribbon Cutting Ceremony
- United Way of the Adirondack Region Annual Campaign Kickoff Breakfast
- U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder Speaks at the 2011 Northern Border Summit in Lake Placid
- Clinton, Essex and Franklin Co. District Attorneys attend Northern Border Summit in Lake Placid
- Meet the Candidate Night
- Governor Andrew Cuomo announces Route 73 is now open Irene
- Santa's Workshop estimates $150,000 worth in damages
- Cuomo launches the North Country Regional Economic Development Council
- Lewis has harsh words for APA board