The Lake Placid-North Elba Historical Society is pleased to announce the final program of its 2013 “Odds and Ends” Winter Lecture Series on Wednesday, April 24 at Howard Johnson’s Restaurant in Lake Placid.
Panel pleased with accomplishments
Schroon Lake continues to make advances in tourism. That’s the assessment of the Schroon Lake Tourism Council. The group, which formed four years ago, recently met to review steps in its master plan and to discuss future activities.
Furniture and Décor's grand opening
The Northern New York Maple Project continues at the Paul Smith's College VIC with maple sap collecting and boiling in the sugarhouse through Monday, April 8.
The Ticonderoga Area Chamber of Commerce April After Business Mixer will be held on Wednesday, April 17, at the office of Alexander R. Shmulsky, Attorney At Law 5:30 to 7 p.m.
Attracting young people to the region and keeping them here was more than a talking point at the sixth annual Adirondack Young Professionals Economic Forum. It was a call to action.
Funding for a popular program offered by Adirondack Community Action Programs will not be available this fall, leaving kids in Westport and Schroon Lake without their usual after school activities.
State Sen. Betty Little has joined her colleagues in proposing the 2013 Family Tax Relief Act.
The food pantry at Adirondack Community Action Programs in Elizabethtown has recently had to turn away referrals to their food pantry due to lack of supplies.
The mayor of Lake George and a leading Capital Region economic development official are both optimistic about the attitude of downtown merchants towards working together to promote tourism, commerce, and special events in the village.
State Comptroller Thomas P. DiNapoli will launch a full financial audit of the Olympic Regional Development Authority (ORDA) after a report by his office found that financial issues persist at a time when its operations have been expanded to include the Catskills-based Belleayre Mountain Ski Center.
Initially, the Westport Health Center will undergo a 3,700 square foot expansion that will provide space for the growing medical practice. The new space will include a comfortable waiting room, seven exam rooms, office space for physicians, a private registration area, nurses’ work station, lab area, procedure room, and patient consultation room.
During the March 27 meeting of the ELCS Board of Education, Superintendent Scott Osborne asked for permission to speak with the surrounding school districts to look at getting together to draft a merger feasibility study.
The Housing Assistance Program of Essex County, Inc., announced the results of new research on the effectiveness of NeighborWorks pre-purchase housing counseling and education.
A meeting will be held on Wednesday, April 3, in the War of 1812 Museum on the old Air Force base to discuss plans for the Plattsburgh Air Force Base Museum.
- Special Guests Molly Kasriels
- Special Guests Janelle Shepard & Amy DuBois
- Special Guest Trisha Sheehan
- Special Guest Chrisanna Golovach
- Special Guests Michele Powers & Kristy Kennedy
- Special Guest Capt. Larry Goodman
- Special Guest Chrisanna Golovach Ep. 29
- Special Guest Leigh Mundy Ep. 28
- Special Guest Mike Connolly
- Special Guest Howard Lowe
- What is OhSoLocal?
- Debate for Saranac Lake Village Trustee
- Ribbon Cutting Ceremony
- United Way of the Adirondack Region Annual Campaign Kickoff Breakfast
- U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder Speaks at the 2011 Northern Border Summit in Lake Placid
- Clinton, Essex and Franklin Co. District Attorneys attend Northern Border Summit in Lake Placid
- Meet the Candidate Night
- Governor Andrew Cuomo announces Route 73 is now open Irene
- Santa's Workshop estimates $150,000 worth in damages
- Cuomo launches the North Country Regional Economic Development Council