The United Way of the Adirondack Region, Inc announces the opportunity for all agencies and organizations wishing to become a member agency of SEFA.
Thousands more people are expected to ride the passenger trains that carve their way through rural Warren County in 2014, as the Saratoga-North Creek Railway is launching new tourist trips out of Thurman station and slashing short-haul prices.
Hamlets 3 is an initiative which looks at potential growth solutions for five hamlets in the Adirondack Park. It is funded by a DEC Smart Growth planning grant. The hamlets being considered are Caroga, in Fulton County in the Mohawk Valley, Indian Lake, Blue Mountain Lake and Long Lake in Hamilton County, and AuSable Forks in Essex County.
Restaurants, stores part of Dec. 6 effort
People will have a chance to get out, enjoy a meal and do some holiday shopping as part of the “Shopping & Dining Night” in Ticonderoga. Sponsored by the Ticonderoga Area Chamber of Commerce, the event will be held Friday, Dec. 6, as part of the annual Ticonderoga Area North Country Christmas Celebration.
Thanks to Mother Nature as well as hundreds of snow guns, skiing is great at Gore Mountain, which opened earlier this year than any season since 1986.
Bolton area residents can now spend more time on enhancing their fitness and well-being — and less time and money driving — as Bolton Fitness has opened in Bolton Landing, offering new workout machines, easy access and long hours,
Congressman Bill Owens is back in Glens Falls on Friday Nov. 22 to field questions from area residents, particularly business owner and leaders.
The New York State Department of Environmental Conservation (DEC) recently completed a major effort to eradicate non-native fish from Lower Sargent Pond in Hamilton County, DEC Regional Director Robert Stegemann announced today.
The Town of Westport will be hosting a public meeting on Nov. 19, at 6 p.m. in the town hall to discuss the Town’s recently completed economic revitalization strategy.
The annual New York State Police Troop B Awards and Retirement Ceremony was held in Malone on Oct. 29.
New York Biomass Energy Alliance announces free assessment tool
The New York Biomass Energy Alliance (NYBEA) has announced the completion and availability of a Local Impact of Woody Biomass Energy Projects Quick Assessment Tool to help community leaders, planners and developers analyze the localized impacts of proposed woody biomass energy projects.
Job opportunities in the North Country is no longer reliant on the industries of mining, agriculture and timber. In rural communities, the future for filling homes and schools with year-round residents and job creation for current residents could come from employment at companies elsewhere through telecommuting.
RSVP is looking for volunteer tax preparers for Earned Income Tax Credit/ETIC Program in January.
United Way of the Adirondack Region Executive Director John Bernardi returned to the Essex County Board of Supervisors Monday, Nov. 4, to make his annual appeal for the organization’s fundraising effort.
The Indian Lake Community Development Corporation recently received a determination letter from the IRS granting the corporation tax exempt status.
- Special Guests Molly Kasriels
- Special Guests Janelle Shepard & Amy DuBois
- Special Guest Trisha Sheehan
- Special Guest Chrisanna Golovach
- Special Guests Michele Powers & Kristy Kennedy
- Special Guest Capt. Larry Goodman
- Special Guest Chrisanna Golovach Ep. 29
- Special Guest Leigh Mundy Ep. 28
- Special Guest Mike Connolly
- Special Guest Howard Lowe
- Debate for Saranac Lake Village Trustee
- Ribbon Cutting Ceremony
- United Way of the Adirondack Region Annual Campaign Kickoff Breakfast
- U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder Speaks at the 2011 Northern Border Summit in Lake Placid
- Clinton, Essex and Franklin Co. District Attorneys attend Northern Border Summit in Lake Placid
- Meet the Candidate Night
- Governor Andrew Cuomo announces Route 73 is now open Irene
- Santa's Workshop estimates $150,000 worth in damages
- Cuomo launches the North Country Regional Economic Development Council
- Lewis has harsh words for APA board