With an intent on saving taxpayer money and minimizing the carbon footprint of local government, the town and village are considering signing a 20-year solar power contract — in the following weeks.
With an aim of boosting tourism, Gov. Andrew Cuomo visited Lake Placid and Lake Clear and joined about 400 public officials and community leaders in the Adirondack Winter Challenge Event that featured friendly competition in outdoor sports.
In approximately three months, Ticonderoga Chevrolet customers will soon discover how a more welcoming atmosphere will enhance the experience of buying a new car or servicing a vehicle at Christopher Chevrolet Buick, part of the DELLA Auto Group.
Beaney, the head coach of the Middlebury College men’s hockey team, spoke to educators assembled at the College For Every Student (CFES) headquarters Feb. 6 abut the bonds that form when players from his teams go to local schools.
North Country projects funded
Gov. Andrew M. Cuomo has announced Empire State Development (ESD) has approved more than $9 million in New York State Broadband Grants to support five projects.
The North Country Chamber of Commerce hosted a standing-room-only crowd of local business people and politicians for their annual New York State Legislative Breakfast Feb. 28.
The North Country Chamber of Commerce unveiled its annual Issue Survey, which among other things measures levels of business confidence, and the numbers this year remain are strong.
Confidence is running high within the City of Plattsburgh’s political apparatus that a deal can be brokered on a city marina project in time to have something in the water by summer, but a major player in the process is pulling out.
Legal wrangling continues to drag out the official handover of the former Essex County-owned Horace Nye nursing facility to the NYC-based Centers for Specialty Care (CSC), county attorney Daniel Manning told lawmakers Monday, March 3.
This year, attendees were welcomed into the completed facility, coming together Feb. 6-7 to talk about ways of connecting primary school students to the next educational step.
Retail outlet to follow soon
A meat processing plant in Ticonderoga is now operational. Adirondack Meat Co., located in the Ti Industrial Park, started production Feb. 12.
Citing the benefits of protecting public health, boosting property values and spurring economic development, U.S. Sen. Charles Schumer said during a visit to Glens Falls that he'll be lobbying the U.S. Environemntal Protection Agency for $700,000 to clean up six brownfield sites in the city.
The Warren County Association of Realtors has recognized Mark S. Bergman as “Realtor of the Year.”
Schroon Lake, Ticonderoga represented; Moriah trustee steps down
The Lake Placid CVB/Regional Office of Sustainable Tourism (ROOST) is pleased to announce its 2014 Board of Directors.
The Lake Placid CVB/Regional Office of Sustainable Tourism (ROOST) has been granted renewal of its accreditation through the Destination Marketing Accreditation Program (DMAP).
- Special Guests Molly Kasriels
- Special Guests Janelle Shepard & Amy DuBois
- Special Guest Trisha Sheehan
- Special Guest Chrisanna Golovach
- Special Guests Michele Powers & Kristy Kennedy
- Special Guest Capt. Larry Goodman
- Special Guest Chrisanna Golovach Ep. 29
- Special Guest Leigh Mundy Ep. 28
- Special Guest Mike Connolly
- Special Guest Howard Lowe
- Debate for Saranac Lake Village Trustee
- Ribbon Cutting Ceremony
- United Way of the Adirondack Region Annual Campaign Kickoff Breakfast
- U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder Speaks at the 2011 Northern Border Summit in Lake Placid
- Clinton, Essex and Franklin Co. District Attorneys attend Northern Border Summit in Lake Placid
- Meet the Candidate Night
- Governor Andrew Cuomo announces Route 73 is now open Irene
- Santa's Workshop estimates $150,000 worth in damages
- Cuomo launches the North Country Regional Economic Development Council
- Lewis has harsh words for APA board