Alexandria Harris, of Long Lake, has been named managing director for the Adirondack Lakes Center For The Arts.
The Adirondack North Country Association and local theaters are hosting a kickoff event for the “Go Digital or Go Dark” fundraising campaign Friday, April 26, from 5 to 6:15 p.m. at the Palace Theatre in Lake Placid.
Nature Conservancy gives $500,000 for economic development
Gov. Andrew Cuomo Tuesday, April 23 announced that New York state closed on 9,300 acres of the former Finch Pruyn lands in the Adirondacks.
Event tentatively set for July
With the Adirondack whitewater rafting season gaining momentum and the 56th Annual Hudson River Whitewater Derby on tap for May 4-5, New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo may soon be making a long-awaited announcement about the Adirondack Challenge. And it looks as though the governor is considering the town of Indian Lake as the headquarters for the Challenge, according to a tentative schedule acquired by the News Enterprise.
The Elizabethtown Planning Board has a vacancy for an alternate member of the Planning Board.
Himoff to talk about Alliance's success at APA conference
A party hosted by a group of area business leaders — known for boosting the local economy and social scene — is a remarkable success. Meanwhile, the organization, the Tri-Lakes Business Alliance, plans a slate of new events.
“We want to blast boredom from our children and give them outlets to learn on their own terms in a creative and fun way,” said Imaginarium President Jennifer Meschinelli. “So, we ask our community to help us on this mission to blast boredom.”
The Essex County Adirondack Garden Club is accepting applications for the Ellen Lea Paine Memorial Nature Fund.
The 16th Annual Adirondack Park Local Government Day Conference is scheduled for April 24 and 25 at the Crowne Plaza Resort in Lake Placid.
Creative Stage Lighting has announced the hiring of Robin Lee for the position of Northeast Regional Sales Manager.
Operators of the Gore Mountain ski center expect to open for at least one more weekend as the lingering winter weather has kept spring skiing an option for residents and visitors.
Board Vice Chairman William Ferebee of Keene and Moriah Supervisor Tom Scozzafava presented Jim Kahler of Pre-Tech Plastics in Mineville with a resolution of congratulations on having received AS9100C Certification, a quality management standard specifically written for the aerospace industry and awarded by the Online Aerospace Supplier Information System. The award places Pre-tech among the best in the Aerospace and Defense Quality Management System International Standard.
Ticonderoga Tots open house April 23
The Ticonderoga Area Chamber of Commerce will host a ribbon cutting on Tuesday, April 23, at 5 p.m. as part of Ticonderoga Tots opening celebration.
Nominations sought for annual award
The Schroon Lake Chamber of Commerce is seeking nominations for its annual Citizen/Organization of the Year award.
Village officials okay tax break for proprietors who upgrade their downtown buildings, but back off initiative to allow townhouses in residential zones.
- Special Guests Molly Kasriels
- Special Guests Janelle Shepard & Amy DuBois
- Special Guest Trisha Sheehan
- Special Guest Chrisanna Golovach
- Special Guests Michele Powers & Kristy Kennedy
- Special Guest Capt. Larry Goodman
- Special Guest Chrisanna Golovach Ep. 29
- Special Guest Leigh Mundy Ep. 28
- Special Guest Mike Connolly
- Special Guest Howard Lowe
- What is OhSoLocal?
- Debate for Saranac Lake Village Trustee
- Ribbon Cutting Ceremony
- United Way of the Adirondack Region Annual Campaign Kickoff Breakfast
- U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder Speaks at the 2011 Northern Border Summit in Lake Placid
- Clinton, Essex and Franklin Co. District Attorneys attend Northern Border Summit in Lake Placid
- Meet the Candidate Night
- Governor Andrew Cuomo announces Route 73 is now open Irene
- Santa's Workshop estimates $150,000 worth in damages
- Cuomo launches the North Country Regional Economic Development Council