Vendors participating in the Saranac Lake Fish and Game Club's gun show discuss memorabilia, exchange of ideas before this weekend's event.
Former Congressman Bill Owens takes on a new role: as a director of both Arrow Financial Corp. and Glens Falls National Bank. Arrow Financial has a wide influence in upstate New York — its subsidiaries and affiliates include Saratoga National Bank and insurance providers Loomis & LaPann insurance agency, McPhillips Insurance Agency, Upstate Agency, Capital Financial Group — as well as North Country Investment Advisors.
Reincarnation of the iconic Howard Johnson's roadhouse
Lake George's reincarnation of the famed Howard Johnson's restaurant, reopening this week, will be featuring the famous Friday Fish Fry, an array of 28 flavors of ice cream, and what's billed as the largest salad bar in Lake George.
Five towns in Essex and Hamilton County have received Adirondack Park Upper Hudson Recreation Hub Grants.
The Town of Ticonderoga will no longer be able to accept Electronics at the Transfer Station.
Champlain National Bank President and CEO Joseph Shaw is excited to announce the new branch located at 2040 Saranac Avenue in Lake Placid is now open for business.
Elizabethtown landmark the Deer’s Head Inn Restaurant will close on Jan. 17 for unspecified reasons.
Gov. Andrew Cuomo announced last month that the Adirondack Railway Preservation Society (ARPS), the nonprofit operator of the Adirondack Scenic Railroad will receive $791,000 in state funding.
The United Way of the Adirondack Region announced this week that they have just passed the half-way mark of their fundraising goal for this year’s campaign.
University of Vermont Health Network - Elizabethtown Community Hospital is proud to announce it has, once again, received the 2014 Guardian of Excellence Award by Press Ganey Associates, Inc.
Home Delivered Meals (Meals on Wheels) are available for those older adults who are home bound or have a nutritional need.
Members of two classes as the Champlain Valley Educational Services Mineville campus have been putting their classroom learning to real-life application, working to build and landscape the future of High Peaks Hospice and Palliative Care.
A large number of households in Thurman, among the relatively few in the nation that don't now have broadband access, will soon be able to connect with the Internet and other digital resources due to their nationally acclaimed 'white space' system that will be operational in a week or two.
Digital electronic signs are considered obnoxious and tacky, or informative and stimulating — and much of the difference lies in how they are designed and utilized. Following the path of Lake George Village, Lake George Town government is also now considering regulating the signs to please the majority. Restrictions are to be considered on the digital signs' placement, scrolling rate, brightness, and other characteristics — to retain the local ambiance.
The Adirondack Club and Resort (ACR) project has been cleared to move forward after the state’s highest court dismissed a motion filed by green groups.
- Special Guests Molly Kasriels
- Special Guests Janelle Shepard & Amy DuBois
- Special Guest Trisha Sheehan
- Special Guest Chrisanna Golovach
- Special Guests Michele Powers & Kristy Kennedy
- Special Guest Capt. Larry Goodman
- Special Guest Chrisanna Golovach Ep. 29
- Special Guest Leigh Mundy Ep. 28
- Special Guest Mike Connolly
- Special Guest Howard Lowe
- Debate for Saranac Lake Village Trustee
- Ribbon Cutting Ceremony
- United Way of the Adirondack Region Annual Campaign Kickoff Breakfast
- U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder Speaks at the 2011 Northern Border Summit in Lake Placid
- Clinton, Essex and Franklin Co. District Attorneys attend Northern Border Summit in Lake Placid
- Meet the Candidate Night
- Governor Andrew Cuomo announces Route 73 is now open Irene
- Santa's Workshop estimates $150,000 worth in damages
- Cuomo launches the North Country Regional Economic Development Council
- Lewis has harsh words for APA board