The strange saga of how a local businessman and civic fixture conned a trusting North Country community, one nickel at a time.
An independent agency in northern Warren County is uplifting hundreds of families' lives, and benefactors of the organization talk about its remarkable outreach during its annual benefit gala.
Controversy over the pending sale of Westmount nursing home erupted again as documents were revealed that show the pending owner plans to cut staff and slash employee benefits at the facility when it is transferred to private ownership.
The Essex County Adirondack Garden Club is accepting applications for the Ellen Lea Paine Memorial Nature Fund.
The Adirondack Tri-County Nursing Home honored its auxiliary last Thursday for 40 years of continuous service to the home and their residents.
The City of Plattsburgh is looking for a variety of vendors to participate in their first ever market day event, The Most of the Coast, this May.
The old Warrensburg Health Center building has finally been torn down about five weeks after a far-larger $9.5 million health center structure opened to the public.
Training and financial assistance is available to entrepreneurs, existing businesses and startups
Grant program will offer funding to eligible expanding or start up Microenterprise businesses, located in Essex County, the towns of Moriah, Crown Point and Ticonderoga.
Eight bridges are scheduled to be replaced in Keene over the next 18 months. Business owners are hopeful that work will be completed as quickly as possible.
The Adirondack Land Trust is delighted to announce that the F. M. Kirby Foundation has made a $2 million commitment to help fund perpetual care of working farms and forests under conservation easements.
The Essex Community Fund (ECF) is now accepting applications for 2015 grants.
The congresswoman paid a visit to the Glens Falls paper mill last week to hear company representative's concerns about the future of the logging industry.
Garrett Combs' Warrensburg-based tutoring service has helped 33 area students and counting.
A store that features intriguing handcrafted wares from area artisans as well as hosting art workshops has located in Chestertown, and an opening reception is set for Saturday April 11.
The Lake George Land Conservancy (LGLC) recently completed the purchase of more than 18 acres in the Town of Putnam (Washington County) that provides a point of public access to LGLC’s 189-acre Anthony’s Nose property.
- Special Guests Molly Kasriels
- Special Guests Janelle Shepard & Amy DuBois
- Special Guest Trisha Sheehan
- Special Guest Chrisanna Golovach
- Special Guests Michele Powers & Kristy Kennedy
- Special Guest Capt. Larry Goodman
- Special Guest Chrisanna Golovach Ep. 29
- Special Guest Leigh Mundy Ep. 28
- Special Guest Mike Connolly
- Special Guest Howard Lowe
- Debate for Saranac Lake Village Trustee
- Ribbon Cutting Ceremony
- United Way of the Adirondack Region Annual Campaign Kickoff Breakfast
- U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder Speaks at the 2011 Northern Border Summit in Lake Placid
- Clinton, Essex and Franklin Co. District Attorneys attend Northern Border Summit in Lake Placid
- Meet the Candidate Night
- Governor Andrew Cuomo announces Route 73 is now open Irene
- Santa's Workshop estimates $150,000 worth in damages
- Cuomo launches the North Country Regional Economic Development Council
- Lewis has harsh words for APA board