Holy Cross Episcopal Church as it appeared not long after it was built in 1865. Holy Cross remains today as a historic landmark in downtown Warrensburg.
WARRENSBURG A new exhibit reviewing the history of local churches is now on display at the Warrensburgh Museum of Local History. The exhibit is scheduled to run from through May 11.
Christian churches played an important part in the lives of Warrensburg’s early settlers and continue to be an important element of the community.
The exhibit includes photographs and artifacts, plus brief histories of each church. Existing Warrensburg churches have been invited to participate in providing material for the exhibit.
The museum is located at 3754 Main St. in the VFW Building in Warrensburg, and is open Sundays 1 p.m. to 3 p.m. and on Wednesdays noon to 4 p.m.. Admission is free. Entrance and parking are at the rear. The museum is operated for the Town of Warrensburg by the Warrensburgh Historical Society. For details, call 623-2207.