North River The Community Fund for the Gore Mountain Region will award $10,700 in grants to 16 organizations at its seventh annual grant awards ceremony.
The ceremony will be held at 4 p.m. Friday, Aug. 23 at Garnett Hill Lodge in North River.
“We are so proud that the continuing support of the Community Fund’s growth allows us to respond to so many of the needs of our local Adirondack communities,” said Tom Magee, director of the Community Fund for the Gore Mountain Region. “The important work of these not-for-profit organizations preserves and enhances the quality of life of our citizens in such a meaningful way.”
“The Community Fund for the Gore Mountain region is a great example of a local fund leading and inspiring the growth of generosity in the Adirondack region,” said Cali Brooks, executive director of ACT, the community foundation of the Adirondack region.
The Garnet Hill Lodge is located at 39 Garnet Hill Road in North River. To attend the awards ceremony, please RSVP by Friday, Aug. 16 by calling Mindy Piper at (518) 251-4593 or email email@example.com. Dress for the event is casual.
Grant will be awarded to:
• the Adirondack Marathon Distance Festival to fund emergency and medical facilities for the marathon
• the Adirondack Shakespeare Company to fund a dinner theater performance of Love’s Labour’s Lost
• Adirondack Treks to fund two additional rock climbing experiences for area youth
• Friends of Schroon Lake Public Library to fund several reading programs in 2014
• Minerva Central School to fund a middle school trip to Manhattan in 2014
• the North Creek American Legion Auxiliary to send a local girl to the American Legion Auxiliary’s Girls State
• the North Country Ministry to fund the purchase of car seats and occasional emergency needs
• the Schroon Lake Arts Council to fund three concerts
• the Schroon Lake Association to purchase a portable display board
• the Seagle Music Colony to stage plays in local schools in September 2013
• the Tannery Pond Community Center Association to support 2013 programming
• the Town of Johnsburg Library to fund Make-It-Yourself programs
• Town of Johnsburg Parks to purchase 12 trash container boxes
• the Tri-County Nursing and Rehabilitation Center to purchase seat cushions for nursing home residents
• Upper Hudson Musical Arts to fund Opera-to-Go artists’ fees.