WARREN COUNTY Area citizens can obtain inoculations to protect them from influenza and pneumonia at various upcoming vaccine clinics conducted by Warren County Public Health Services.
Such inoculations are strongly recommended for people of all ages by county health officials, and the shots should be received each year.
The clinics are scheduled as follows:
• Brant Lake: Wednesday Oct. 16, 11 a.m. to noon at the Brant Lake Town Hall,
• Queensbury: Wednesday Oct. 16, 4:30 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. in room 6103 of the county Warren County Municipal Center;
• Bolton Landing: Thursday Oct. 17, 11 a.m. to noon in the Bolton Town Hall;
• Glens Falls: Monday Oct. 21, 9:30 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. in Cronin High Rise, 11 a.m. to noon in Stichman Towers, and 12:30 p.m. to 1:30 p.m. in the Glens Falls Presbyterian Church meal site on Glen St.;
• Lake George: Wednesday Oct. 23, 11 a.m. to noon in the Lake George Town Hall, and 4:30 to 5:30 p.m. in Room 6103 of the Warren County Municipal Center;
• Stony Creek: Thursday Oct. 24 from 9:15 a.m. to 10 a.m. in the Stony Creek Town Hall;
• Thurman: Thursday Oct. 24 from 10:30 a.m. to 11:15 a.m. in the Thurman Town Hall;
• Warrensburg: Monday Oct. 28 from 10 a.m. to 11 a.m. in the Warrensburg Town Hall; and
• Queensbury: Wednesday Oct. 30, 4:30 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. in Room 6103, Warren County Municipal Center
The county health department is offering flu mist — injected into one’s nose — which is available for people from ages 2 through 49 years, as well as flu shots.
All of the flu vaccine that the county is offering protects against four strains of flu. The cost of a flu inoculation is $30. The pneumonia vaccine is available for $117.
Health insurance cards from Medicare, Empire, Blue Shield of Northeastern NY, CDPHP and Senior Blue are accepted. Otherwise, the agency accepts cash or check. If one’s health insurance is not listed in the above roster, people will be given a receipt that can be submitted to other health insurance companies.
No one is refused because of inability to pay.
Flu clinics were already held recently in North Creek, Chester and Lake Luzerne