continued The museum is located in downtown Ticonderoga on the edge of Bicentennial Park. Commonly called the “1888 Building” the museum is housed in the only remaining structure of the old Ticonderoga Pulp and Paper mill that once sprawled across most of the lower section of the town.
Today the museum hosts an Adirondack gift shop and displays exhibits on the 200-year history of industries that built the town.
It is open 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. through Columbus Day.
The 1888 Building is an exhibit in itself. It was once headquarters to the International Paper Co. mill that operated along the adjacent LaChute River. When IP moved its mill a few miles north of the hamlet, the building was given to the town. The museum board leases the building.
The museum is handicapped accessible.
For more information call 585-2696.