- Can you trust the candidate to use their skills, talents and experiences to make wise choices, follow their convictions and be true to the promises they made on the campaign trail?
- The campaign process is a competition marathon. Has your choice demonstrated the type of character and personal values that you feel will allow her/him to deal with the stress of the office, stand up against the pressure to cave in to the demands of a strong willed senior representative, political party members or overly influential lobbyists or contributors?
- Is your decision based on your own research and knowledge of the candidate’s positions, actions and experience or have you been unduly swayed by slick, politically bias advertising that solely painted the other candidate in an unfavorable light, perhaps even misrepresenting their position altogether?
- Will your candidate be capable of working across the political aisle to seek solutions to the problems that face our government or will she/he be an obstructionists who digs in their heels to anything proposed by the other side?
- Will your candidate place country, state, county or town first before their own political ambition or their personal gain?
Dan Alexander is publisher and CEO of Denton Publications. Email him at email@example.com.