There is a shortage of coal in Warrensburgh, particularly in the domestic sizes and many people are seriously cold and inconvenienced.
The grass plot between the sidewalk pavement and the brick roadway in front of the Burhans property (now the present Town Hall area) on the east side of Main Street, from St. Cecilias Church south to Simon L. Lavine’s store (now opposite the Getty gas station)), has been neatly graded and seeded down and the same treatment has been given to the corner of Horicon Avenue.
The Wayside Hotel on River Street, is being painted outside and inside by Herbert Marsh and Dennis Gallup and the appearance of the building is greatly improved.
About 40 Warrensburgh students went by carryalls to the home of John T. Robinson in Thurman where Halloween games, music and dancing were enjoyed.
Mrs. John Ferris died Friday, Nov. 22, 1912 at her home in North Chester after an illness of several months duration, during which she bore her suffering with rare patience and fortitude. Her maiden name was Hammond. She is survived by her husband, whose faithful companion she has been for more than half a century. They have no children. Internment was in Federal Flats Cemetery.
Miss Maggie Sullivan, formerly of Chestertown, at present residing at 11 Lincoln Avenue, Glens Falls, went “under the knife” recently when she was operated upon for appendicitis by Dr. T.H. Cunningham at the Glens Falls Hospital.
Miles Morehouse and Miss Rhetina Dunkley, both of Bakers Mills, were married by the Rev. Watson E. Perry on Nov. 21, 1912 at the Wesleyan Methodist parsonage in that place.
Brand new cast iron parlor stoves are on sale at Burger’s Store, 26 Warren Street, Glens Falls for $4.95. Brass beds are $8.98 and baby carriages are $2.75.
Thought for the day…A fish in the hand is never so large as the one that got away.
Readers are welcome to contact Adirondack Journal correspondent Jean Hadden at email@example.com or 623-2210.