Baby boy Allison Mark Langworthy, born Jan. 24, 2012, survived that year’s cold winter in a cozy box in the family’s kitchen stove at their home on River St. in Warrensburgh. He’s the grandfather of Allison Apple, who still lives in town on Hudson St. with her husband Thomas and several of their children.
The state Department of Highways has sent a corps of its engineers, twelve in number, to Warrensburgh to survey the route for the new road between Warrensburgh and Thurman Station. The men are now at work and the new road is expected to be completed this year.
Wanted: J.P. Baumann & Sons have opened a branch shop in the shirt factory building and want operators on ladies’ house dresses. Steady work and good pay. Inquire of Nelson DuFresne at the factory. (Note: The shirt factory, beautifully renovated by Mark and Tom Grace, now hosts Lizzie Keays Restaurant, The Plaza Salon and River Street Athletic Club and various other businesses at River Street Plaza.)
A big revival meeting was held at the Byrnes schoolhouse in Igerna on March 17, 1912 conducted by Rev. William H. Morrissey. In Riparius, the stork visited the home of Walter Galusha March 9, 1912 and left twin sons, Alfred and Albert Galusha.
Harry Baldwin is building an ice house at Friends Lake. Truman Bills of South Johnsburgh is working in Wevertown with the ice harvesters. Ice 18 inches thick is being cut from the Dunn mill pond.
Captain A.A. Ross traveled on snow shoes from Brant Lake to Adirondack March 8, 1912 to spend the day with the Smith Barton family.
The new skating rink on Hudson St. in Warrensburgh is in excellent condition and is enjoyed by many happy local skaters.
Readers are welcome to contact Adirondack Journal correspondent Jean Hadden at firstname.lastname@example.org or 623-2210.