continued • Authorized the sale of two parcels of land known as the old Glens Falls-Lake George Road to adjoining property owner Daniel Ellsworth at the price of $2,100.
• Approved the use of the county airport this year for two hot-air balloon fests – the Adirondack Balloon Festival in September and the Sunkiss Balloon Festival in July.
• Passed a resolution seeking a Home Rule request from the state legislature to enable formation of a railway authority for the county in conjunction with the town of Corinth. The county's legal advisors say a railway authority would streamline the cumbersome decision-making process involved in overseeing the revitalized rail operations through the county, while limiting taxpayers' liability exposure.
• Voted to move the Warrensburg senior mealsite from the First United Methodist Church parish hall to the Countryside Adult Home as soon as the state Dept. of Health approves Countryside as a new site.
• Approved spending $15,000 on infrastructure needs of the Big Apple Circus for their two-week series of shows at Charles Wood Park in Lake George, where the renowned circus' “big-top” tent will be erected.
• Authorized the changeover of the westbound lane of West Brook Road to be converted into a parking lot and to change the configuration of entrances and exits.
• Decided to allow United Health Care and Fidelis Care to review and assist with Medicaid Managed Care applications at the county Municipal Center, with a goal of reducing the Medicaid costs that the county taxpayers shoulder.
• Expanded the authority of the county Tourism Director to execute agreements and spend money with various contractors and vendors – increasing the expenditure limit without county board approval up to $2,000.
• Voted to establish an “Alive at 25” driver safety program for county residents ages 16 to 25.
• Appointed Robert Wubbenhorst of Bolton, Robert Fedor of Chestertown and Calista Murray of Warrensburg to the Warren-Hamilton Counties' Office for the Aging Advisory Council.