Gift made to the library
The Warrensburgh News has presented Richards Library with a bound volume of our village newspaper for 1910 through 1911. A great deal of emphasis is made at all library meetings on the duty of the library in compiling local biography and history. The great value of possessing The News in bound form can be readily appreciated.
(The Warrensburgh News and its successor newspapers, the Warrensburg-Lake George News and Adirondack Journal, continued to be bound and presented to the library through the 1990s.)
Seeking site for fish hatchery
It is possible that the new fish hatchery to be built in Warrensburgh will be established during the present season. The location has not yet been decided upon but the local fishermen are of the opinion that the most desirable site is on the big brook, where it comes down from Harrington Hill and empties into the Schroon River. The brook never dries up and its waters are always pure as well as plentiful. (Note: This site was not chosen. The hatchery was built on the old Ben Glynn farm in Warrensburgh, on the banks of the Hudson River.)
Business thriving in area
Frank G. and Marshal B. Stone have sold their Warrensburgh barbershop business to Roscoe Hadden, who recently graduated from the Moler Barber Institute in New York City, and will conduct a drug store in another part of the same building, now occupied by W.L. Smith’s lunch room and ice cream parlor. Mr. Smith will move his business into a store formerly occupied by H.B. Sanders.
Dickinson & Bertrand, at their Rexall store in Warrensburgh, will make their customers a big ice cream soda at their soda fountain with all fresh fruit for 19 cents.
Alonzo H. Sherman, at his new store in the Pasko block, will sell new Dayton & Haverford bicycles, a high grade wheel, from $22 to $27. Repairing is promptly done. Call Warrensburgh 6F21 on the telephone.
Readers are welcome to contact Adirondack Journal correspondent Jean Hadden at firstname.lastname@example.org or 623-2210.