Ward Lumber employee Dustin Frederick and parents Wayne and Lorie stand with owner Jay Ward and fellow employee Travis Thwaits.
Photo by Keith Lobdell.
continued “They had all the roads closed that night, so I decided to stay at the firehouse and check it out in the morning,” Thwaits said. “When I first got there, you could smell the fuel oil, and then I went in and saw what the water had done to the house.”
Dustin Frederick said that the leaking from kerosene tanks at his house and the sediment from the river made this flooding worse than the flooding in April.
“The kerosene and all of the mud was tougher to deal with than just water and ice,” he said.
The Fredericks have already started to work on their house for the second time in four months, saying that they plan to stay there despite the recent events.
They also said they were thankful for the grant.
“I really appreciate the help,” Wayne Frederick said. “I have worked with a lot of companies and never had one do something like this of an employee.”
“Jay told us that he had found this opportunity to help and he was going to get it for us,” Dustin Frederick said. “Jay basically did all of the paperwork.”
Ward said that his company was contributing a quarter of the funds to the two employees, with the rest coming from the LIFT program.