John W. Potter, 84, an old resident of Bolton and a veteran of the Civil War, died at his home Sept. 24, 1911. Born in Wilton, he lived in Bolton for 30 years.
Melvin Lanfair of Bolton and Miss Grace Wood of Warrensburgh were married by Rev. H.F. Titus the evening of Sept. 20, 1911 at the home of the bride’s father, Warren Wood.
Stephen Moon of Glens Falls and Mrs. Hattie Belle Jones of Warrensburgh were married by the Rev. H.F. Titus at the home of the bride in Lewisville, River St.
John E. Priest and Miss Kittie J. Dunn, both of Wevertown were married by the Rev. William S. Mulholland the evening of Sept. 24, 1911 at the home of Mrs. Sallie J. Dunn.
John A. Murphy and Miss Mary E. Foley of Riverside were quietly married by the Rev. J.T. Meaney Wednesday, Sept. 27, 1911 at St. Paul’s Church.
Rev. Frank Finkle of Pottersville and Miss Ella Slack of Speculator were married Oct. 4, 1911 at the home of H.B. Slack, the bride’s father. Mr. Finkle was formerly stationed at Wells but is now the pastor of the Methodist Episcopal Church in Pottersville.
News near and far
Lundahl’s “Crucifixion,” one of the most famous paintings on the death of Christ, was placed on exhibition Oct. 3, 1911 on the third floor of the Boston Store in Glens Falls. It measures 9 by 14 feet and it is valued at $100,000.
Richards Library in Warrensburgh will be closed until further notice while changes are being made in the interior arrangements on account of the completion of the addition which has been under construction during this past summer.
The Chester village school opened Sept. 18, 1911 with Miss Phelan as principal. Miss Young is in charge of the 7th and 8th grades, Miss Ella Potter in the 4th, 5th and 6th, and Miss Rosslyn Foster in the primary grade.