Police report: Moriah teens charged

Two teenagers have been jailed after their arrest for burglarizing a Moriah bar.

Daryk Budwick, 19, and Ryan LaMour, 18, both of Moriah, were arrested by Moriah police for felony third-degree burglary.

Police said the pair went to the Old Mine in the hamlet of Moriah Center sometime late Sept. 26 or early Sept. 27 and used a ladder to climb in through a window.

Budwick and LaMour took 20 to 30 bottles of liquor, two cases of beer and a quantity of pre-packaged food items, police said. Some of the stolen items were recovered.

Budwick and LaMour were arraigned before Moriah Town Justice Brian Venne and sent to the Essex Country Jail when they couldn’t pay $1,500 cash bail or $3,000 bail bond each.

Ti man arrested

A Ticonderoga man was charged Oct. 13 with choking a relative and then, after he was arrested, with lunging at the local police chief in an effort to punch him, Ticonderoga police report.

Police charged Daniel M. Harrison, 26, of 47 Racetrack Road, with two misdemeanors — unlawful imprisonment and criminal obstruction of breathing. Officers responding to a 911 hangup call at Harrison’s residence at 11 a.m. discovered him on top of a relative, choking her, police report.

After Harrison was brought back to the police station, he lunged at Chief Mark Johns, police report. He was then charged with second-degree attempted assault, a felony.

He was brought before Town Justice James O’Bryan, then sent to Essex County jail for lack of $2,500 bail, pending arraignment following the completion of a competency evaluation.

Felonies charged

Ticonderoga police charged a Syracuse man with two felonies after stopping him Oct. 13 on Wicker Street where, officers report, he was driving 63 mph in a 30 mph zone.

Patrolman Dale Quesnel stopped James R. Gacek, 33, of Cleveland Road, Syracuse, and charged him with felony driving while intoxicated and felony aggravated unlicensed operation.

The DWI charge was a felony because Gacek had a prior DWI conviction within the past 10 years, police said.

He was processed and released with an Oct. 19 date in Ticonderoga Town Court.

Vote on this Story by clicking on the Icon


Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.

Sign in to comment