RUTLAND - The Vermont Drug Task Force, with the assistance of the Rutland City Police Department and the Vermont State Police, executed two search warrants at 50 Williams St. and 58 Cherry St., both in Rutland City. The drug investigation involved sales of heroin and crack cocaine in the Rutland area. During the course of the investigation the Task Force made numerous controlled purchases of drugs from both residences.
At 50 Williams St., during the execution of the search warrant, nine people were located within the residence, of which eight were arrested at the scene for various charges. Detectives and officers took into evidence approximately 120 grams of crack, 25 bags of heroin, other narcotics, and over $15,000 in U.S. currency.
From 50 Williams St. arrests include:
* Dallas Sears, 40, of Rutland, for the Sale of Crack Cocaine (2 counts), Sale of Heroin, Possession of Crack Cocaine, Possession of Heroin, Possession of Narcotics, and Violations of Conditions of Release for previous drug sale charges;
* Peter Bumps, 31, of Rutland, for the Possession of Crack Cocaine and Heroin;
* Seth Field, 26, of Rutland, for a warrant for Escape from Furlough, a warrant for Possession of Narcotics, and charged with Possession of Narcotics;
* Eva Nichols, 51, of Rutland, for Possession of Crack Cocaine and Violation of Probation;
* Donald Samplatsky, 25, of Rutland, for Possession of Narcotics;
* Tyson Williams, 19, of Brooklyn, N.Y., for Trafficking of Crack Cocaine;
* Tshombe Howard, 19 of Brooklyn, N.Y., for Trafficking of Crack Cocaine; and
* Doreen Siliski, 51, of Rutland, for Possession of Narcotics.
At 58 Cherry St., during the execution of the search warrant, Bob Smith, 45, of Rutland, and Barbara Burke, 29, of Rutland, were both arrested, without incident, for the sale of heroin and crack.
The Attorney General's Office will be prosecuting the above listed people for the various drug offenses. The following were lodged at the Marble Valley Correction Center for a lack of bail: Sears, $250,000 bond, Williams, $150,000 bond, and Howard, $150,000 bond. All other arrestees in this incident were cited to appear on June 20, 2011 at the Rutland County Criminal Court. The investigation is continuing and further arrests may be forthcoming.
For media questions, please contact the Vermont State Police Public Information Officer, Stephanie Dasaro, at 802-279-9773. Or contact the Attorney General's Office at 802-828-3171.