The series of talks, covering a range of art mediums and topics, will be held every Wednesday in July and August, beginning at 5 p.m. at the Conservancy headquarters, 4905 Lake Shore Drive, Bolton. Refreshments will be served.
The first program, set for July 6, will be presented by Bernie Brown, of Bernard R. Brown Fine Art. Mr. Brown focuses his attention on paintings of Lake George and the Adirondacks, specializing in 19th and early 20th century American paintings. He will bring some of his noted Lake George and Hudson River School paintings and discuss the artwork and artists. Pieces will also be available for purchase, with a portion of proceeds to benefit LGLC. Also on display will be LGLC's Art Raffle for the Last Great Shoreline pieces: five original paintings by local artists representing the Last Great Shoreline property in Putnam. The raffle is a fundraiser to help towards the payment of the Last Great Shoreline acquisition. Tickets and more information are available online at lglc.org.
• Friday, July 1 - Last day to sign up for the joint trip with Queensbury Seniors to Adirondack History Center and other destinations. See July 17. Cost: $39.
• Wednesday, July 6 - Seniors' Club Business Meeting, 10:30 a.m. at Senior Center. Trip sign-ups, details available. For lunch at the mealsite, call 644-2368.
• Friday, July 8 - Previously scheduled "Floating Classroom" trip on Lake George is now postponed to September, with a date to be determined.
• Tuesday, July 12 - Trip to the Saratoga Racino. Call Pat Merchant at 644-9359 for details.
• Sunday, July 17 - Joint trip with Queensbury Seniors to Adirondack History Center, various gardens, Ausable Chasm with barbecue lunch, plus "Riffin' and Tappin' at Depot Theater in Westport. Cost: $39.
• Wednesday, July 20 - Travelogue by Ed Sheridan, detailing his recent trip to Crete, 10:30 a.m. at Senior Center. Followed by lunch at "Son of the Sailor." Cost: $5.