Vergennes Schedule of Events
• 7-10:30 a.m. Pancake Breakfast at the Vergennes Fire Station (adults $8, children under 12, $6. under 6 free)
• 9 a.m. Little City 5K Walk & 10K Race starts at City Park. For details, visit registration table.
• 10-11 a.m. Vergennes City Band Concert in City Park Gazebo.
• 10 a.m.-noon Champlain Valley Flyers R.C. model airplanes at VUHS Baseball Field.
• 10 a.m.-2 p.m. Book Sale at Bixby Library with food and goodies bags. Bike helmets for children and 400-year-old Abenaki wampam belt on display.
• 10 a.m.-2 p.m. Rummage Sale at St. Peter’s Church Parish Hall (sale begins Aug. 26 and continues Aug. 29).
• 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Bar-Bi-Qs (food concession), Car Show and award (at 3 p.m.), Green Mountain Fly-Wheelers and Vermont Army Guard vehicles at Vergennes Union High School.
• 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Crafters & Vendors at City Park with painting children’s hands and more.
•11 a.m.-6 p.m. Board & Tour Lake Champlain Maritime Museum’s “Lois McClure” 1822 replica canal sailing vessel. Free. Also Aug. 28 10 a.m.-5 p.m.
• 11:30 a.m.-3 p.m. Open House & Bubble Pit, 1925 Boyer Fire Truck. Fire safety display, slide show of local fires and Vergennes Fire Department training at fire station.
• 11:30 a.m.-3 p.m. Horse & Wagon Rides by Clay Country Farms. Free.
• 12:30 a.m.-1 p.m. “Books for Bikes” drawing sponsored by Bixby Library. Vergennes Rotary & Safe Kids Addison County. at City Park.
• 2-2:30 p.m. Akido, Police Dog in Action! Vergennes Police Chief Merkel will demonstrate his K-9‘s abilities.
• 3:30 p.m. Rotary Club’s Rubber Duckie Race at Falls Park at the Basin. Tickets at Rotary booth in City Park).
All Day — Merchants’ Special Sales. Shuttle bus by Bet-cha Transit to all venues & VUHS parking lot, 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Free.
Sponsors: Addison County Eagles Club, American Legion Post 14, Gaines Insurance Agency, Lang McLaughry Spera, merchants Bank, Neat Repeats, Nathaniel Group, National Bank of Middlebury.