Crews managed to quell a major chimney fire at a Lake Placid resort earlier this week.
The Lake Placid Volunteer Fire Department received reports of a chimney fire at 5:36 a.m. Wednesday.
Five trucks and 22 members arrived moments later at 77 Mirror Lake Drive, the main building of the Mirror Lake Inn, where firefighters encountered flames shooting out from the chimney.
Additional units were called to the scene, and firefighters used a dry chemical agent to control the blaze. Smoke ejectors were put in place to remove smoke from the building.
Head fire driver Brad Jacques said in a news release that the fire was contained to the chimney, which was subsequently removed from service.
The fire department notified the North Elbe Code Enforcement Department, and the Saranac Lake Volunteer Fire Department provided stand-by assistance at the Lake Placid station.
Crews were back in-service by 8 a.m.