Collectively, during the last five years HAPEC, NeighborWorks America and the other members of the NeighborWorks network have been able to:
- invest more than $20 billion in America's urban, rural and suburban communities;
- create the nation's largest force of certified homeownership education counselors and foreclosure intervention counselors;
- provide homeownership counseling to more than 500,000 families;
- assist more than 85,000 families of modest means to achieve homeownership;
- develop, own and manage over 80,000 affordable, high quality rental units;
- rehabilitate more than 85,000 homes using state-of-the-art methods, including green and healthy building techniques;
- create or sustain more than 23,000 jobs per year through local NeighborWorks-supported projects and activities; and
- mobilize hundreds of thousands of volunteers to revitalize communities.
The Housing Assistance Program of Essex County, Inc. promotes hamlet and community preservation through the operation of housing and community development programs. For more information or assistance call 873-6888.