'Monster' derrick breaks man's bones
Daniel Ray, employed as a carpenter on the construction of the new Fort William Henry Hotel in Lake George Village, was seriously injured Sept. 23, 1910 when a cable attached to a monster derrick snapped. That several others were not hurt is considered remarkable as a dozen men were compelled to make a wild scramble to a place of safety. When the cable parted, the great iron rope swung through the air and as it fell, carried Ray to the ground with much violence.
Ray's left leg was broken above the knee and he was mightily cut, bruised and shaken. A warning was shouted but Ray was not able to get out of range in time.
Woman suffers fiery death
Mrs. Robert Hamilton of Greenwich was fatally burned Sunday afternoon while making a fire. She used kerosene to start the blaze and the flames leaped to the can and to her clothing. She was frightfully burned and died Monday morning, Sept. 26, 1910 at about 1 p.m..
She is survived by her husband, two daughters and a son, Rev. Charles E. Hamilton, a Methodist minister at Hagaman, who was formerly stationed at Hill View (Diamond Point).
Boy shot, could prove fatal
Carroll Day, the 12 year-old-son of A.W. Day of Greenwich who has been living with Bert Hall two miles from Warrensburgh, accidentally discharged a revolver Sept. 25, 1910. The ball lodged in his stomach and it is possible that he may die.
Souvenirs collected by tourists
Workmen in the employ of C.J. Reardon of Glens Falls, who has the contract to build the state road through the village of Lake George, unearthed three more skeletons Sept. 24, 1910 in the road near the Fort William Henry Park, which are believed to be those of Indians. Nine skeletons have been unearthed in the vicinity during the last few years.