Runaway at Riverside
A team of horses owned by Charles Russell of Pottersville was left standing at Riverside on the night of Sept. 5, 1910, while Russell was assisting in loading a trunk into his wagon at Joseph LaPrairie's. He had released the reins when the horses started suddenly, ran through an orchard on to the railway, thence up the track and finally landed over an embankment. The wagon was smashed and one of the horses had a leg broken in two places and had to be shot. All who know Mr. Russell regret the loss he has suffered.
Post Office robbed
Burglars entered the Post Office on Maple Street in Corinth early on Sept. 13, 1910, blew open the safe with nitroglycerin and after securing about $300 worth of stamps and $100 in cash, they went down the main highway about a mile, stopped at the farm of Henry Clothier and helped themselves to his horse and wagon. Then they continued down the road and left the outfit just outside the village of Saratoga Springs, where it was found at daylight. It is believed that the thieves boarded a train and are now hundreds of miles away.
George J. Bump of Glens Falls and Miss Leota Duell of Warrensburgh were married Saturday morning, July 30, 1910 by the Rev. L.T. Cole at the Methodist Episcopal parsonage in Chestertown.
Alfred Tucker and Seneath Maxim, both of Stony Creek, were married at their home in Dartmouth on Aug. 17, 1910 by the Rev. C.H. Mead, paster of the Stony Creek Methodist Episcopal Church.
A quiet wedding took place Saturday evening, Aug. 20, 1910, when A.F. VanDusen and Mrs. Julia A. Glassbrook were united in marriage at the home of the bride in Knowelhurst, near Stony Creek, by the Rev. Frank M. LaBar of Minerva.