Finally, the makers have made the can look like other non-alcohol energy drinks. It may be possible that Four Loco could be in a refrigerator without a parent noticing it. Again, the makers thought of everything.
Now young people are showing up in hospital emergency rooms after consuming Four Loco with alcohol poisoning or near-poisoning. A blood/alcohol reading of .30 is considered potentially fatal and some of those high numbers are being seen.
Young people have been overdosing on alcohol for years and Four Loco is not the first maker to mix stimulants with alcohol, however, they have made it too cheap, too sugary and appealing to underage drinkers, too loaded with stimulants, too big in size and too much stealth in packaging the product. If there is a product that is more shameless in its marketing activities aimed at underage drinkers I am unaware of it. Remember, all kids count.
Scot Hurlburt can be reached by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org