Quantcast

New carbon monoxide detector law in effect

The Amanda's Law requires all homes in the state to have at least one working carbon monoxide alarm. Carbon Monoxide is an extremely poisonous gas that people cannot see, smell or taste, and is given off any time a fuel is burns. Breathing air that contains as little as 0.1% carbon monoxide by volume can be fatal; a concentration of about 1% can cause death within a few minutes.

Early symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning include drowsiness and headache, followed by unconsciousness, respiratory failure, and death.

If you or anyone you know experience any of these warning symptoms seek fresh air and medical attention immediately.

(Taken from Lifewise)

0
Vote on this Story by clicking on the Icon

Comments

Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.

Sign in to comment