Physical activity and good nutrition are perfect partners in good health. Together they help in managing weight and providing energy. Physical activity not only burns calories, but it can also help you and the person in your care by:
* Making the most of muscle strength, or even building strength.
* Slowly increasing the ability to do more for longer periods of time.
* Increasing range of motion and joint flexibility (the ability to move easily)
* Strengthening the heart.
* Decreasing fatigue.
* Decreasing symptoms of depression.
* Maintaining regular bowel and bladder functions.
* Cutting down on the risk of skin breakdown and irritation.
* Protecting weight-bearing bone mass (spine, hips, legs).