Catherine G. Parker, 197 Main St., Warrensburg, celebrated her 90th birthday anniversary March 9, 1960 and she is thought to be the town's oldest resident.
She was born Catherine Gillingham in 1870 on the Gillingham farm in Thurman She began her career as a school teacher at the age of 16 years in the Putney Hill School. She left teaching after her marriage to raise six children.
For about 12 years she operated the Bonnie Brae Villa, a boarding house for summer guests, later known as the Chalet Swiss on North Main St. She later resumed teaching and taught for 32 years, ending up at the Putney Hill School where she began.
(Note...The Bonnie Brae Villa was built in 1866 around the old farmhouse of J.R. Berry by Captain John Russell, a horse breeder. Henry and Cate Parker operated it in the 1920's and later as a popular summer boarding house. Willie and Hilda Muller opened it as the Chalet Swiss restaurant in 1952. It stood off Raymond Lane, behind today's post office until, known as the Manor, it burned March 13, 1980. The horse barn is still standing.)