Today the museum hosts an Adirondack gift shop and displays exhibits on the 200-year history of industries that built the town.
It is open 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. through Columbus Day.
The 1888 Building is an exhibit in itself. It was once headquarters to the International Paper Co. mill that operated along the adjacent LaChute River. When IP moved its mill a few miles north of the hamlet, the building was given to the town. The museum board leases the building. In the past few years the building has received a $100,000 facelift and there are ongoing plans for further improvements.
The museum is handicapped accessible.
For more information call 585-2696.