The additional expenses of temperature-controlled storage, transportation, testing and securing of the machines and conducting newly required audits means that far more will always be spent on voting with the computerized scanners than with the prior lever-operated technology.
Any voter within Warren Co. is invited to attend any of the voter outreach sessions which include machine demonstrations. The ballot marking device voting system, as well as the scanner machines are also available for demonstration purposes at the Board of Election's office every day during business hours.
"This is the first change in voting systems in about 100 years - We want our public to make this transition as smoothly as possible and we feel that education is the best method to accomplish this goal," Casey said.
Voter Outreach Sessions and machine demonstrations:
• Saturday July 10, from 11:30 a.m.-2 p.m. at the Lake Luzerne Town Hall, 539 Lake Ave., Lake Luzerne.
• Saturday July 17, from 11:30 a.m-2 p.m. at the Lake George Town Hall, Upper Level, at 20 Old Post Road., Lake George.
• Saturday July 24, from 11:30 a.m.-2p.m. at the Warrensburg Town Hall at 3797 Main St. Warrensburg.
• Saturday July 31, from 11:30-2 p.m. at the Wevertown Community Center, 2370 State Route 28 Wevertown, NY ( Town of Johnsburg).
• Saturday Aug. 7 from 11:30 a.m.-2p.m. at the Thurman Town Hall at 311 Athol Rd, Athol.
• Saturday Aug. 21 from 11:30 a.m.-2 p.m. at the Horicon Community Center, 6604 State Route 8, Brant Lake.
• Saturday Aug. 28 from 11:30 a.m.-2 p.m. at the Hague Community Center, 9793 Graphite Mt. Rd., Hague.
Dates and times for Glens Falls and Queensbury locations will be announced at a later date.