JOHNSBURG - The Trustees of the Glenn and Carol Pearsall Adirondack Foundation have announced the organizations that have been awarded grants for the current year.
Glenn Pearsall noted that the Foundation received 71 grant applications this year, a new record.
Considering the prevailing need, the Foundation trustees voted to increase the value of grants over last year's levels, he said. This year's recipients of Pearsall grants include:
• Cornell University Cooperative Extension of Warren County for youth programming;
• Pendragon Theatre for a fall-winter production brought to North Creek's Tannery Pond Community Center and Indian Lake Theatre;
• Retired & Senior Volunteer Program of Essex County for volunteer training and recognition;
• Seagle Music Colony of Schroon Lake to bring staged children's operas to various Adirondack communities;
• Protect the Adirondacks! for their Adirondack Park Sustainable Forestry Project; • North Creek Depot Museum for Johnsburg School Days education kits;
• Upper Hudson Musical Arts, Inc. to help fund the cost of performances;
• Caritas, Inc. to help recruit and train new volunteers;
• Warren-Hamilton Counties Community Action Agency to help stock food pantry shelves;
• Greater Adirondack Perinatal Network to educate medical and health/human services providers regarding the importance of early assessment of children under age three;
• North Country Ministry for various outreach programs and community services;
• The Association for the Hearing Impaired for public education;
• Adirondack Community Trust to help develop a new community website tool;
• Adirondack Architectural Heritage to support the program "Exploring the Architecture of the Adirondacks;"
• Adirondack Curriculum Project for a student congress at the Wild Center;
• Wildlife Institute of Eastern New York for their "Adirondack Animals" programs in elementary schools in the Adirondack Park;
• North Country Life Flight to help purchase an automated defibrillator; and to
• First Night Saranac Lake for family entertainment;