• Open Houses at various local businesses including Adirondack Rustic Interiors, Rebecca's Florist, Miller Art & Frame and Riverside Gallery.
• The Warrensburg Museum of Local History is featuring their "Dressed for the Holidays" exhibit, a display of vintage toy train accessories, and a children's play table featuring historical landmarks, all from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Also at the museum from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. is the signing of "Around Warrensburg" books by local historian John Hastings. The museum is two buildings north of Stewart's Shop on Main St.; entrance is in the rear.
• Book signings and readings by local authors, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. at Willows Bistro. 10 a.m.- John Hastings of Warrensburg with his local historical volume, 11 a.m.- Pat Leonard of Warrensburg; noon- three poets: Mary Sanders Shartle, Elaine Handley and Marilyn McCabe. 1 p.m.- author/playwright/poet Jessica Kane of Brant Lake with her spoken word or perhaps a short story or two. 2 p.m.- Elizabeth Marrett; 3 p.m.- children's author John Gable to read.
• The annual tree-lighting ceremony at the uptown Floyd Bennett Memorial Bandstand is at 6 p.m., featuring the arrival of Santa, caroling, music, hot chocolate and cookies. The event features music by the Warrensburg Elementary School Holiday Band. Caroling will feature local Cub Scouts and members of the United Methodist Church choir.
• Christmas Country Karaoke, 7 p.m. at Ashe's Hotel, a favorite local tavern.
• Holiday Dinner specials offered at local restaurants.
Sunday Dec. 5 - Events & Activities
• Holiday craft fair at Echo Lake Lodge, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Dozens of artisans and crafters demonstrating and displaying their wares.
• Breakfast with Santa, at Willows Bistro, upper Main St., 9 a.m. to 11:30 a.m., complete with book signings by children's author John Gable.
• The Warrensburg Museum of Local History features their "Dressed for the Holidays" exhibit, a display of vintage toy train accessories, and a children's play table featuring historical landmarks, all from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. The museum is two buildings north of Stewart's Shop on Main St.; entrance is in the rear.
• Holiday decor on display and on sale, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. at Original Lincoln Logs' model home on lower Rte. 9, Decor creations are by Miller Art & Frame staffers and other local artisans.
Christmas in Warrensburgh Founder Teresa Whalen said she was excited about the celebration's 22th anniversary.
"This event is for families and children - a time for our community to get together and share the holiday spirit," she said. "It's been 20 years of music, magic and memories."