• Seagle Music Colony in support of two free concerts in the community
• Schroon Lake Chamber of Commerce in support of the free holiday celebration
• Schroon Lake Athletic Booster Club to assist with the purchase of a scoreboard
• Schroon Lake Historical Society assistance in upgrading computer systems
• Schroon Lake Youth Commission assistance in upgrading team equipment
CFGMR is affiliated with the Adirondack Community Trust, founded in 1997. ACT is a nonprofit regional community foundation that enables people and institutions to establish endowed funds to benefit specific needs. ACT currently services 200 charitable funds and has $23 million in assets.
"Our affiliation with ACT ensures all gifts qualify for the maximum available tax deduction," said CFGMR member Elise Widlund. "Donations from advisors have made the operational costs of mailings, postal box, stationary and printing possible - thus, not diluting the granting resource."
The public's help is needed to build the CFGMR fund. This year they had grant requests for $17,772 for 21 projects, but were only able to distribute $7,500 towards these projects. The CFGMR is actively seeking contributions to bolster the local nonprofits who are seeking to make the region a better place.
Contributions can be made to PO Box 217, North Creek, N.Y. 12853. For more information, contact Cali Brooks, executive director of the ACT at 523-9904 or visit www.GenerousACT.org.