Quantcast

Blaze damages apartment complex, displaces families

WESTPORT - A fire damaged a five-unit apartment building on Marks Road Sunday afternoon, Aug. 15 and two dogs perished in the blaze.

None of the four families living in the apartment complex were home at the time of the fire, which was believed to have started in a kitchen stove.

The Westport, Whallonsburgh, Moriah, Elizabethtown, Wadhams and Port Henry fire departments all responded to the fire at approximately 4:15 p.m. Meanwhile, the Willsboro department filled in for the Westport department at the Essex County Fair.

According to officials of the Westport fire department, all four apartments in the complex suffered extensive smoke and water damage, displacing the families living there.

0
Vote on this Story by clicking on the Icon

Comments

Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.

Sign in to comment