- increasing outdoor events and making them profitable for Schroon Lake;
- making better use of surrounding state land;
- bringing dining, lodging and tourism to the lakeshore;
- creating incentives for new lodging development;
- attracting new tourism investment and incubating new tourism businesses;
- strengthening the destination's appeal by using music and the arts;
- building a closer, more symbiotic relationship between the destination and Word of Life; and
- building a closer relationship between the destination and the town's youth and the schools.
Friedman said several short-term goals have already been met. Bike rentals are now available on Main Street, the Schroon Lake Arts Council is holding weekly jam sessions at the Boathouse Theatre and a new chamber website is being designed.
Work has also started on snowmobile community connector trails to the north and south of Schroon Lake, partnering with the Word of Life for boat cruises on Schroon Lake and the possible addition of new lodging facilities and the reopening of existing facilities.
"If anyone in the Schroon Lake area is interested in the action items and would be willing to assist the committee members please contact me," Friedman said. "Together we can accomplish anything."
Friedman can be Emailed at email@example.com for additional information.