Taste of Ti to aid museum

TICONDEROGA - The Ticonderoga Heritage Museum will host the eighth annual Taste of Ti on Thursday, May 13, at 6:30 pm in the Ticonderoga High School cafeteria.

The fundraiser for the museum features "tastes" of favorite dishes from area restaurants and food providers. From appetizers to desserts, diners are able to sample menu items from local restaurants, visit with friends and neighbors, enjoy a relaxing dinner, and, at the same time, help the Heritage Museum fund its free children's workshops and other free programs that take place at the museum during the summer season.

Tickets are $17.50 each and are on sale at Rathbun Jewelers, Ti Paint and Decorating Center and the Ticonderoga Area Chamber of Commerce office or by calling 585-6178.

The Ticonderoga Heritage Museum celebrated its 20th anniversary in 2009.

The community's industrial history is on display at the Ticonderoga Heritage Museum.

The museum is located in downtown Ticonderoga on the edge of Bicentennial Park. Commonly called the "1888 Building" the museum is housed in the only remaining structure of the old Ticonderoga Pulp and Paper mill that once sprawled across most of the lower section of the town.

Today the museum hosts an Adirondack gift shop and displays exhibits on the 200-year history of industries that built the town.

It is open 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. through Columbus Day.

The 1888 Building is an exhibit in itself. It was once headquarters to the International Paper Co. mill that operated along the adjacent LaChute River. When IP moved its mill a few miles north of the hamlet, the building was given to the town. The museum board leases the building. In the past few years the building has received a $100,000 facelift and there are ongoing plans for further improvements.

The museum is handicapped accessible.

For more information call 585-2696.

Vote on this Story by clicking on the Icon


Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.

Sign in to comment