Hollis Russell and Miss Mina D. Morehouse, both of Warrensburgh, were married the evening of Aug. 30, 1909 at the Baptist parsonage by the Rev. W.S. Warren.
Earl R. Vetter, one of the most popular young men of Chestertown, took unto himself a bride in the person of Miss Julia Schell, of Little Falls.
Leslie Tripp, of Warrensburgh and Miss Estella Bennett, of Garnet, were married Sept. 4, 1909 at the Methodist Episcopal parsonage, Johnsburgh by the Rev. D.E. Williams.
Henry Shaw and Miss Lulu Stevens, both of North River, were married Tuesday, Sept. 7, 1909, at North Creek by the Rev. J.B. Randall.
Stony Creek news
Francis J. Dean, 84, an esteemed and life-long citizen of Stony Creek, died the morning of Aug. 28, 1909. He is survived by a widow and six children, two sons, Jason and Joel Dean and four daughters. The funeral was held from the Wesleyan Methodist Church of which he was a member for over 50 years. Internment was in the Dean Cemetery.
(Note - On Aug. 7, 1898, John Smith wrote in a letter to his father, "Jason L. Dean, son of Francis Dean, has built a large two story house right on the corner of the Dean farm as you turn to go towards the bridge, and has made a fine looking place out of an unsightly looking corner. He and also his father do quite a business keeping summer boarders.")
New building projects
Ira Wilsey has completed the cellar and foundation walls for his new house on Fourth Street, Warrensburgh.
The foundation of the new concrete dam for the Schroon River Pulp and Paper Company, at Burnhamville (Thurman Rd.), is half done and work on the apron has been begun.
Work has been started on the construction of the new Methodist Episcopal Church near East Thurman, The cornerstone was laid Sept. 22, 1909 with all the appropriate ceremonies, conducted by the Rev. Fred L. Decker.