Quantcast

Warrensburgh news briefs

Van Jones, blacksmith, has changed his place of business from lower Main St. to Horicon Ave., opposite the Warren House barns. (Note...the barns were where the Dragon Lee restaurant is now located. The old blacksmith building is still there across the street.

William Taylor was thrown from a wagon, drawn by a team of oxen which became frightened at an automobile, and struck his head receiving a concussion of the brain.

Delbert E. Pasco has put up a large building near his hardware store (now Curtis Lumber Co.) and stocked it with oats, corn, feed, wheat, buckwheat flour and pork. He intends to do his own grinding after this winter.

About 20 friends of Gertrude Sturdevant tendered their best wishes to her on Oct. 22, 1909 at her home on lower Elm St., the occasion being her 17th birthday anniversary. (Note...her home was at the bakery building of her father, James Sturdevant, now called Riverside Gallery. She married Judge Loren Hoffman, had a son, Billy and died young.)

A son was welcomed at the home of Mr. and Mrs. George Wood. The remains of Mercy Ellsworth were brought from Thurman for internment in the Harrington Hill Cemetery.

A lady's black cloth cape trimmed with lace and passamenterie was lost at the Warren County Fairgrounds (behind Ashes Hotel) and has not yet been located. A reward will be paid if it is taken to the Warrensburgh News office.

0
Vote on this Story by clicking on the Icon

Comments

Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.

Sign in to comment