(Note... The Fort William Henry Hotel, named for the old fort that had once stood next to it, was built by a stock company in 1854 and opened to the public in 1855 with Daniel Gale as manager. He purchased all the stock and later became partners with his good friend, Mr. Joslin. From 1855 to 1868 were prosperous years.
The "new" Fort William Henry Hotel was opened on June 17, 1911 with George J. Valliquette as manager. It had 80 handsome rooms, many with open fire places as well as steam heat and 50 baths. At the grand opening, the Philharmonic orchestra of the Metropolitan Opera House of New York City was engaged to furnish music with Signor Ruggerio as conductor. Expensive paintings, depicting Adirondack scenes, lined the walls.
It was truly a grand time to be alive, especially if one had lots of money.)
Thomson's dream house
With no pains or expense spared, the new home of Lewis Thomson, corner of Main and Second streets, Warrensburgh, is about completed on June 24, 1909 and is one of the finest dwelling houses in Warren County
W.E. Lawrence, of Glens Falls, was the architect and drew the plans almost entirely from specifications furnished by Mrs. Thomson. The proud owners have no reason to conceal a just sense of pride in their new home, furnished in such artistic pretensions, furnished in a style that is plain but pleasing from a viewpoint of comfort and attractiveness.
Seven light and pleasant sleeping rooms have been fitted up in the third story, which is done in Georgia pine. The rooms and the hall have oak and cherry woodwork and oak floors extend throughout the first and second stories.
John G. Smith, manager of the local electric light plant, finished wiring the house and installing the fixtures on June 23, 1909. That night the current was turned on for the very first time and the house was brilliantly illuminated from basement to attic. The memorable sight elicited many favorable comments from the many eyewitnesses who had gathered to view the brilliant spectacle.