Ticonderoga man's body discovered

TICONDEROGA - The body of a Ticonderoga man has been found.

Jody King, 28, had been missing since April 20.

Last seen in Connecticut, he was been the subject of a search by police agencies in Connecticut and Ticonderoga, private investigators and others.

His remains were found in a field June 18, near the scene of a traffic accident where he was last seen.

An autopsy June 19 confirmed his identity, but a cause of death is yet to be determined.

King is survived by his wife Casey and three daughters, ages 5, 4 and 11 weeks.

At 8:57 p.m. April 20 police in Connecticut received several 911 calls reporting an accident on Interstate 91 near Enfield. One of the calls was from a passenger in a truck driven by King.

The passenger got out of the truck a mile before the crash and made the call, although police are not giving details how the man got out of the vehicle before the wreck.

Responding, police found the truck off I-91 but found no signs of the driver, King. Witnesses reported King left the scene, running into a nearby wooded area.

The next day, April 21, Casey King reported her husband missing. Jody King had been working on a construction project in Connecticut since last October, commuting home to Ticonderoga on weekends.

The next two days police with canine units and helicopters searched the area. King's wallet, cell phone and clothing were found, but there was no trace of King.

His body was discovered nearby, according to Sgt. Mark Johns of the Ticonderoga Police Department.

Connecticut authorities believe King, for some reason, climbed into a nearby culvert following the accident and became stuck. He died there, out of sight of those searching the area.

Recent heavy rains in the area and the decomposition of the body dislodged the corpse from the culvert and washed it into the field where it was discovered, Johns said.

Vote on this Story by clicking on the Icon


Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.

Sign in to comment