• September 10, 17, 24) 6:30-8 p.m.: Learn how to make warm, strong, cozy mittens for you or for gifts this year. Must be able to knit and purl. Tuition is $30 for FAVT members, $35 for nonmembers.
• September 12 - come join us at the Calvin Coolidge historic site for a day of fiber fun. The cheese festival will be held that day and we will be joining the fun by knitting, crocheting, spinning, whatever. We would love to have you come sit with us for a spell and share what you're making.
• September 13, 11-1: Introduction to rug hooking. Not sure what rug hooking is all about or whether you'd like to be a hooker? Come to this class and get an overview of traditional rug hooking, punch needle rug hooking, and locker hooking. Learn what materials are used, the basics of each hooking method, and where to find materials and more information. Tuition is $10 for FAVT members, $15 for nonmembers.
• September 26 (10-5): Mark your calendars for Alice Fogel's recycled clothing class on Sept. 26. Alice's class takes used clothes and makes great new fashions from them. Her class is being sponsored by the Cavendish Community Fund, a local fund established to encourage worthwhile endeavors in the community. Three scholarships will be awarded by lottery to full-time Cavendish residents. Tuition will otherwise be $20 for FAVT members, $25 for nonmembers.
• September 27 (1-5): Seamless Wet Felting. Using hot, soapy water we will transform loose wool fleece into sturdy, seamless felt. You will learn how to create patterns of any size or shape while making a small, seamless purse, bowl or treasure pouch. See how to add surface designs, blend colors and embellish the finished product. Suitable for children aged 12 and up (with an adult). No experience required.