Quantcast

W. Castleton fire was accidental

OnApril 16, the Castleton Fire Department responded to the residence of Daniel L. Rooney at 113 Route 4A in West Castelton for a house fire. After extinguishing the fire the chief requested an origin and cause investigation.

The Vermont State Police Fire Unit and the Department of Public Safety Fire Division responded and conducted an investigation. The cause of the fire has been ruled accidental and was directly attributed to improperly discarded smoking materials.

The home owner, Daniel Rooney, was taken to Rutland Hospital and was treated for smoke inhalation.

0
Vote on this Story by clicking on the Icon

Comments

Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.

Sign in to comment