New Thurman-to-Warrensburgh roadway
Clarence Russell, who resides on Henry Griffing's farm a short distance above the Thurman railroad station, has broken out a road from his place across the river to a point near the residence of Ben Glynn (now Warrensburg Fish Hatchery) where it joins the road passing over the hill and by the west end of Bond's Pond (now Echo Lake), coming out on Hudson Street above the cemetery. This makes a short cut and after it is traveled over a little more the road will be much better than the regular route.
Bridge in the way
We are enjoying fine sleighing. Saturday night, a party of Warrensburgh coasters on Osborne Hill, as they started to cross Osborne Bridge, struck the iron framework and all were badly shaken up. Miss Flossie Baker sustained a severe cut on her head which required a surgeon's attention. Jesse Ingraham came out of the mix up with quite an assortment of black ad blue spots scattered about his person.
Popular local man dies
Flavel B. Coolidge, 60, a most respected businessman of Glens Falls, died Dec. 7, 1908 in a Montreal hospital, where he had been a patient for three weeks, of Bright's disease.
He was born on Coolidge Hill in Bolton, June of 1848, the son of Jonathan and Mary Coolidge. He had been a resident of Glens Falls for forty years. His widow, the former Cynthia Seeyle, survives him. He was the cousin of Mrs. Myron N. Dickinson, of Warrensburgh (lived next door south of the post office). The funeral was held at his home in Glens Falls.
High mass was celebrated at St. Cecilias Church on Christmas day by the pastor, Rev. Father Livingstone. The choir was under the direction of John L. Tubbs, with Miss Stelia Collins as organist.