Sat. Dec. 6 events, Christmas in Warrensburg
• Holiday open houses throughout town at various businesses and galleries.
• "Toyland" 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. at Warrensburg Town Hall -children to create gingerbread houses, ornaments, crafts including wooden toys. Breakfast and lunch offerings; holiday confections.Photos with Santa in his sleigh with live reindeer 10 a.m. to noon and 1 to 3 p.m.; face painting, cart rides for children. Bake sales and food concessions. Holiday-inspired face-painting, commemorative postal cancellations; Warrensburg High School band performs at 11 a.m.
• Food sales and bazaars 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. at most all the churches downtown and at the Countryside Home.
• Craft demonstrations and sales at Riverside Gallery and Miller Art & Frame, with traditional rug hooking by Joan Mohrmann, spinning and weaving by Serendipity Spinners, porcupine quill work by Thomas - all at Riverside - and watercolor painting by Mary Chaffee Frank, at Miller Art.
• A puppet workshop, with stories and music by Chip Beers, from 10 a.m. to noon at Richards Library. Theme is caring and understanding, environmental awareness; aimed for children of elementary-school age.
• Performance of the Schroon Lake Winds Ensemble, a duo of flutes, noon at Riverside Gallery.
• Acoustic recorder music, traditional and light jazz, from 1 p.m. to 2:30 p.m. at The Coffee Room on lower Main St. featuring Elaine and Richie Henzler and Friends.
• The annual tree-lighting ceremony, 6 p.m. at the uptown Floyd Bennett Memorial Bandstand, featuring the arrival of Santa, caroling, music, hot chocolate and cookies.
• Religious music by Hearts in Harmony, 7 p.m. in the United Methodist Church.
• Reading of The Nutcracker, 7 p.m. at St. Cecilia's Catholic Church, accompanied by a recorder ensemble - directed by Richie & Elaine Henzler of Courtly Music - playing Tchaikovsky's Nutcracker Suite.
Sun. Dec. 7 events, Christmas in Warrensburg
• Holiday craft fair at Echo Lake Lodge, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Dozens of artisans and crafters demonstrating and displaying their wares.
• Breakfast with Santa, Luck-E Star Cafe, upper Main St., 9 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.