On June 27, 1989, he was named Prelate of Honor of the Holy Father (Monsignor).
Monsignor White's pastoral assignments in the Diocese of Ogdensburg included assistant at St. John Bosco Church, in Malone (1949); St. Joseph's Church, in Dannemora (1950); and St. Mary's Cathedral, in Ogdensburg (1951 to 1958).
In 1958 he was named administrator of St. John the Baptist Church, in Keeseville. He also served as pastor of St. Joseph's Church, in West Chazy (1963 to 1971); St. Augustine's Church, in Peru (1971 to 1978); and St. Elizabeth's Church, in Elizabethtown from 1978 until his retirement in 1999. In 1984 he was appointed Dean of the Essex Deanery by thenBishop Stanislaus J. Brzana and served in that position until he retired.
Monsignor White also served as a diocesan consultant, on the board of advisors for the North Country Catholic and on the Bishop's Fund Committee.
Spiritual leader of the Elks
His spiritual guidance and leadership was extended across the state and the nation throughout a long and distinguished membership in the Benevolent and Protective Order of Elks.
Monsignor White was initiated into Ogdensburg Elks Lodge in 1956. Because of a parish reassignment, he transferred to the Keeseville Lodge for a short time, and in 1963 transferred again, this time to the Plattsburgh Lodge, where he remained a member for the rest of his life.
In appreciation of his dedication to the Elks' principles of charity, justice, brotherly love, and fidelity, the Plattsburgh Lodge honored him as Elk of the Year in 1973, granted him honorary life membership and dedicated a room in his honor.
In 1966 he was appointed Chaplain of the New York State Elks Association and served in that position for the next forty years. Due to ill health, he was designated Chaplain Emeritus in 2006.
He was honored in 1970 by being named Grand Lodge chaplain for a three-year term. In 1988 he was appointed to an unprecedented second term in that post.